Saturday, January 10, 2009

I have never been in a monsoon before...


For those of you who follow world weather...We are having a bit of really shitty weather here in Fiji! Apparently there was a hurricane somewhere out in the ocean near here. Do NOT worry though, it has passed, and no harm has happened, except...it wont stop bloody raining!!! I came to Fiji to have a nice tropical holiday on the beach, and we have had monsoon like rain here since Wednesday. All the activities are cancelled, most of the roads are closed. So yeah, I am sitting here, trying to decide if I should leave or stay. Surely the rain will stop, but when is the question. All of the locals say "tomorrow" every time you ask them, but the Internet says there will be another week of rain. Hmmmm?? What to do. I hate to leave, as I spent some money flying here, it would be nice to enjoy it. But...what if it rains the WHOLE time?? Not sure what to do...

New photos up...check 'em out!

No comments: