Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Class!!!


I upgraded my flight to first class so that I can get out of here tomorrow!! I have never flown FC before, I am looking forward to it! When the lady told me this was an option and how much it would cost, I was a bit unsure. Then I was like, "Jerilyn, you can afford it. You deserve this. You shouldn't sit in this weather any longer!" So yea, I am leaving. YeHaw!

Apparently there is a National State of Disaster here. I think a bunch of people have died. Locals though. Not tourists. I guess they die, because they are scared of people looting their homes, so they don't leave. So sad! Imagine that...

Hanna and I were going a bit stir crazy, so we headed out into the rain to head to a restaurant for dinner. We ordered. We waited for about an hour. (the restaurant was full) Then a lady came and told us that we all had to leave. There was a "curfew" anyone on the streets after 6pm, will be arrested. What?! We all left, but had no idea what was going on. Was there bad weather coming?? I was scared. There were police in the streets. The taxi drivers would not take us, unless they got an ok from the police. aaahhhh!!! What is going on? Is this the start of another military coop?

We got back to our hotel and found out the curfew is to stop the looting. They fear that the looting may lead to violence and want people to stay indoors after dark. Fair enough. Scary though!

Cheerz for now.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Scary!! I would be freaked if that happened! You said you're headed to Oz... is that Australia or are you going to follow the yellow brick road? Just checking. Have a safe and fun flight. I've flown FC once and it was SWEET!!

Jen

Jennifer said...

PS: What's the deal with all the people and luggage on the beach??

Anonymous said...

We finally got a change to use a computer. We drove up to phoneix to stay with chip and judy and we just had sauerkraut and pork chops yum, Judy is still a good cook. We drove here a 3 hour trip through traffic worse than mpls. I Drove, dad wants me to toughen up a little, he is driving back tommorrow. We love green Valley, it si small and rolling hills and mountains. Lisa had a blast here.. Hope we can come to greeen valley next year and both you girls can visit. It is a beautiful house. Cand judys house is just beautiful as well. They are so talenjted. I am so glad you are safe and sound, the pics of fiji are freaky. will talk soon on the phone. luv mom