Monday, January 5, 2009

Sega na Leqa, it Means No Worries! I am headed to Fiji!!

I am headed to this Paradise in 4 days!! I am flying to Fiji on Friday Jan. 9th for 3.5 weeks. For the first week, I will be with a tour group around the main island. I am then headed out to an eco-village to learn the Fijian way! I am going to be "working" with the locals to help build this village. There is actually a show on the BBC about this project; and a book too! Check out the website www.tribewanted.com They are building this eco-village for 3 years and then handing it back to the Fiji people to run and live in. I am really excited about this; it will be really cool to help out a 3rd world country in this way. I then plan on doing a bunch of island hopping and snorkeling. I fly back to Auckland on Feb 2nd. I will not have cell Phone service there, so Mom, Dad, relax. I will be ok. I will call you guys when I can. Some of the islands are a little technologically challenged!

I had a blast in Gisborne; it was hard to leave! I met some really cool people there. Christmas was better than I expected and New Years was the best i have ever had!

I am currently in Rotorua. I decided that the hostel scene was getting to me. I needed to have a break form the bunk beds. I have stayed in a really nice hotel the last 2 nights. I will be there tonight as well. It is amazing what a little luxury does to ya! Who would have thought that I would be in heaven because of a king size bed. and mini bar. and my on bathroom. and TV!!!!! Wow, it has been great. I went to the spa today. I had a hot stone massage. Amazing!! I sat in the Naturally heated hot rock spa pools before and after. Absolutely relaxing!

I am headed to Auckland in the AM to meet up with a few people I met earlier in my trip. I can't wait to see them. It's really cool to see people you know. Ya know?

I hope all is well. I will try to update this when I can, but it may be awhile. Hang in there. You will all get your daily doses of Jerilyn very, very soon!





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

JERILYN!!! Have fun in Figi! I've never been there but I have a feeling you will never want to leave. You're not missing anything great at home... just a TON of snow and cold weather.

Jerry and I are in Chicago for the week so we're getting a break from the cold and snow (it's going to be a balmy 30 degrees here today and there is no snow to be seen!). We're staying at Fred's place in the Hancock... he always talks about how impressive you are!

Miss you and can't wait to hear about your Figi adventures. Take lots of pictures!!

-jen-