Thursday, February 12, 2009

De Ja Vu

Holy Crap! I am in Brisbane right now, and I am having constant De Ja Vu! Here is the story...I was here for a week or two 5 years ago, and it is so familiar! It is really weird when you leave a place, never thinking you will really come back, and then all of the sudden, you are back! Crazy. Every time I walk by a cafe that I was in 5 years ago, the memories come flooding back. "weird...I remember sitting at that exact table, reading such and such book...I remember walking on this exact platform to catch a train...I spent Christmas 2004, right there!" I even walk into shops that are still here, and get a really weird feeling. Take my word for it...It is super freaky/cool being back somewhere you NEVER thought you would return to! Maybe it's cuz I didn't stay that long, because I don't get this feeling when I go to Pelican Rapids or Minneapolis. Probably cuz they are so familiar, where as Brisbane is just a small snippet of my memories.
Anyway...just a little food for thought!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We cant wait to see a week from Thursday. I have a special tret I am baking for you. Guess what it is? Love you and have safe travels.Enjoy your last bit of warm temps. Oh bythe way the snow is melting a bit. Some of the dormant grass is now showing. I guess I am flying to Atlanta to pick up the new puppy on March 10. Dad is so excited about it.